Solution: IIS7 WebDAV Module Tweaks
I blogged this morning about how I think WebDAV deserves to see some more love.
I found it somewhat surprising that doing a search for iis7 webdav “invalid parameter” only surfaces 6 results, of which none are relevant. I found this particularly surprising considering “invalid parameter” is the generic message you get for most failures in the Windows WebDAV client.
I was searching for this last night after one of my subfolders stopped being returned over WebDAV, but was still browsable over HTTP. After a quick visit to Fiddler, it turned out that someone had created a file on the server with an ampersand in the name and the IIS7 WebDAV module wasn’t encoding this character properly.
It turns out that this issue, along with some other edge cases, has already been fixed. If you’re using the IIS7 WebDAV module, make sure to grab the update:
Because the WebDAV module is not a shipping part of Windows, you won’t get this update through Windows Update. I hope they’ll be able to start publishing auto-updates for components like this soon.